Whether you are following the PS1000 Plan and are looking for a nice warm and cozy meal or simply just need a healthy option for the season, this red curry chicken recipe is delicious!
Prep: 15 mins.
Cook: 15 mins.
Yield: 4 Servings
Calories: 267 per serving
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion peeled and diced small
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (this can be found in the ethnic food aisle)
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (Thai kitchen light is best) *mix in the can before measuring as the top will be more solid.
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 stalks green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
In a large skillet heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
Add the diced onion when the oil is melted. Saute for 2-3 minutes
Add in the garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Add in the curry paste, seasonings, water and coconut milk. Bring to a low boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes, for the flavors to meld together.
Add in the peas and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Serve immediately with the diced green onions.
Protein: 1 Fat: 0 Veg: 1/2 Fruit: 0 Liquids: 1/4 *Serve over cauliflower rice for an even tastier meal!
Melt coconut oil in instant pot on the saute setting. Add the onions, saute until translucent. Add in the chicken, garlic, ginger and curry paste. Mix well, all of this is done with lid OFF Add in all remaining ingredients and select poultry setting on the Instant Pot. From there seal the lid on pot and allow it to do its thing! I believe its about 15 minutes to pressure cook.